Author Topic: Road Bike Tire PSI Guide  (Read 1059 times)

world bikes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Road Bike Tire PSI Guide
« on: November 04, 2016, 04:29:27 AM »
What is the correct road bike tire pressure to run?

As known to all that tires will mark recommended tire pressure, but according to the weight of each person is different, will also need to make adjustment on the tire pressure, this is a university asked, let's see how tire pressure to set.

Tire pressure, the higher the better?

Many cyclists are fond of playing the tire pressure to the top, because they feel that the grounding of the smallest of the tire, rolling resistance will be smaller, but in fact, the tire pressure too high, not only can't ride faster, instead it will consume their own strength faster.

ZIPP original said: "in general, for the average rider, we recommend tire pressure up to 140 psi ~ 120 psi minimum, this pressure values from the test, if more than 140 psi will increase the rolling resistance."

" exactly how to run tire pressure " has been a problem let everybody have a headache, but most of companies recommend not more than 140 psi, bellow is the suggestion scale:

It appears from the above chart that stubbornly making tire pressure high does not seem to be the most correct way, but must consider traffic, terrain and weather conditions. The following are several reasons for why the tire pressure is not suitable to hit the highest.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:44:40 AM by Andy »

Claire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AURORA RACING
Re: Road Bike Tire PSI Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 09:44:37 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

mesANGEL

• View Profile
    • Регистрация антиспам
Road Bike Tire PSI Guide
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 10:27:25 PM »
Few have tire changers, fewer still have other than known pro brands. Some use the cheap manual HF.

Купите недорого хьюмидоры aficionado в МСк!!!

GregoryTiefe

• View Profile
Road Bike Tire PSI Guide
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 12:34:42 PM »
Recently I checked at my local bike shop about replacing my front tire. It has 13,000 miles on it and is starting to cup. The shop