Author Topic: The guest comments about carbon wheel  (Read 1545 times)

Claire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AURORA RACING
The guest comments about carbon wheel
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:20:36 PM »
XXXX
I've put about 150 miles on these. So far, so good. Came in at 1580g on my scale. Not bad for a 50mm carbon clincher.

Wheels true within a mm or so. A bit of a pulse in braking on the rear. Included brake pads work fine. I decided I was not comfortable with the included skewers so I have not used them (to be fair, I have no real reason besides "these look awfully fragile"). Rear hub is DT Swiss-level-loud.

I went out of my way to get 80mm valve tubes and 40mm extensions (so I can use 40mm valve tubes later). It turns out 60mm, which are easier to source, work well. EDIT: I took my own advice and picked up 10 60mm valve tubes. The "60mm" tube I used earlier must have been an off size (65?) because the new ones are just *barely* long enough to use with the bulky head on my Joe Blow pump. They work fine with the screw on head of a Lezyne floor pump. YMMV.

Going with 5 stars because the price-point is so amazing.

UPDATE: Close to 300 miles now. I didn't mentioned above because I hadn't checked on my stand but dish is out by 2mm or so. That can get tight on the seat stays with a 25mm tire. Whatever they use for spoke prep is high enough friction that the spokes just twisted when I tried to make adjustments so I let it be for now. I'm planning to build up a wheel with a Powertap hub anyway. Would certainly buy again but 4 stars seems more appropriate.

XXXX
After two races and about 400 miles on the I can wheel set, I am obliged to finish this review with its well-deserved 5-star. The wheel came with quick release and brake pads, very light and felt robust. I immediately tried to install the tubes and tires, but it was very hard to get tire into the rim. I had to take them to a LBS to finish tire installation, and I was told that was very common for carbon wheels. Unfortunately they didn’t check the rim tape (which was substituted by electric tape by myself). This ended with a flat tire after less than 100 miles. So I took the bike to another LBS and the technician properly re-installed rim tape and everything. Ever since that, this wheel set has been performing very well on my TT bike, including an average 21.5mph bike race in an Ironman 70.3. The TT bike with the carbon wheel set probably gave me 2mph advantage than my road bike. I am planning to order another set for my road bike. Too bad price went up.

XXXX
giving it 4 stars as of now, only because I have 20 miles on the rims... they were delivered as described and the quality looks really good
they only seem marginally faster than my aluminum rims but definitely absorb a lot more of the vibrations of these bad new york roads
They did not come with rim tape, which I suppose is a good thing so you can better inspect the rim.
Installing the tires is definitely a bear so invest in a good set of tire tools, Although I've learned carbon clincher wheels in general fit a lot tighter

I will update further when I put some real miles on them

XXXXX
I bought these wheels about a month ago and really like them!! They are very well made. I have put nearly 300 mi on them already with no issues. They are comparable to wheels that cost much more. They spin up really quick and brake well for a carbon wheel. They do not come with rim tape so make sure you get some.

Good quality, good value pair of wheels, very stiff and very light. The only disappointment was the lack of rim tape. A small detail, but I can't remember the last time I bought wheels and them not to come complete with rim tape.

XXXXX
Very pleased with wheels
Light well built and good to ride
Skewer is a bit delicate

XXXXX
Super light, stylish set of wheels to finish off my titanium build beautifully. Customer service was second to none with immediate email response to an ordering enquiry I had. Thanks Bella.

XXXXX
Light as gossamer, Appear very well constructed, smooth and lovely finish with a great click from the hub.

XXXXX
These wheels have been awesome so far. The fit and finish is great and so far I have no complaints. The wheels feel very responsive and stiff which in turn, should be very fast compared to my aluminum wheels. I'd recommend these to anyone wanting a new wheelset on a budget!

XXXX
I ordered a rear wheel only. It arrived in 10 days from China. The quality of the wheel is amazing and super lite.The customer service is the best. Bella gets back to you with answers to any questions in a day. You only get brake pads if you order a set of wheels. I will do a follow up when I get the wheel on bike.

XXXXX
Very nice and handsome wheels, super light for the price I have paid. Sweet ride and comfortable as well. Hubs roll easy and there are no weird sounds at all after 500+ miles already. You don't need to pay a high price tag for decent wheels like these. I highly recommend them.

XXXXX
Excellent deal. I had them substitue sapim x-ray spokes and had great service.

XXXXX
Just received mine and I am really pleased with the quality and how light these wheels are glad I picked the 38mm they look great on my bike, just need some nice weather to get out on them. glad I have a winter bike:)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:29:48 PM by Claire »

JeffreyPhync

• View Profile
    • белые — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно премиум шаблон Вордпресс
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 03:24:55 PM »
Lovely things those.
Your hosepipe needs some attention though......what a mess, have the kids been at it?
белые — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно премиум шаблон Вордпресс   Click here!..

XRumerTest

• View Profile
    • Test, just a test
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 01:10:48 AM »
Wow...that was an amazing run. He never even put a wheel wrong. Looked like a simple warm-up trip up the mountain. Congrats to the Peugeot team and Mr. Loeb for a fantastic effort.

stumstuh

• View Profile
    • How do I convert tta to mp3 online free
 respect
Linux convert tta to mp3 result
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »
In the latest version, the sound recorder's code was revised to improve compatibility with Windows 10. The program fully supports Unicode and works on all editions of Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP. Read more. Compilation tag (also used in naming) taken from compilation check, not by checking for differing artists When create a new profile offers to use the current one as template Compilation, conductor & style tags created by default All meta data items are shown in meta section, excluded (for id tags) are shown in light gray All meta data items list shows
  • instead of [Remove] If the option to disable autoplay is enabled, then every second the status of the CD drive is polled, to autorefresh when CD is inserted, auto press eject button when CD draw is open, also stops windows autoplaying the CD when closing CD ripper Pressing the eject button when the draw is open, closes it Auto eject CD should function more reliably How do I convert tta to .mp3 redirected here: http://www.audio-transcoder.com/how-to-convert-tta-files-to-mp3 each  discover convert .tta to mp3 some

Ernestgab

• View Profile
    • condicioner
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 05:32:50 PM »
This is the best news Soooo excited :-
Does anybody know if we are gonna get presale for Europe?? Fingers crossed

цены на кондиционеры

Vioripell

• View Profile
    • Convert .wav to spx online
 friend
Cd to wav converter before
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 08:30:41 PM »
If you are not sure about the technicalities involved in converting file formats, you can follow the detailed instructions below to learn how to convert APE files to MP3 format. Just note that this APE to MP3 converter is developed for Windows (Windows 8) system. Aimersoft Audio  Converter for Mac is the best option available to converting APE audio to MP3 on Mac OS X (Mountain Lion). The program saves the converted files into the same directory by default. You can change that by uecking "save in the file's directory" and selecting a different destination directory for the converted files. If you want, you can also have it remove the original files after the procedure. How to convert my wav music to spx useful reference: free convert wav to spx sort  girl convert wav to spx free village

Vioripell

• View Profile
    • Convert .wav to spx online
 friend
Wav to spx free software society
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 08:34:35 PM »
You can even convert XWM to MP3 in batch . For instance, let's say you've been playing the popular game Skyrim. You've grown fond of the soundtrack and would like to export it to your MP3 player. Only thing is, your MP3 player doesn't understand audio files saved as XWM. Our XWM to MP3 converter will  those XWMs to MP3s making them usable in your player. With our built-in batch functionality, you can convert the entire album in just a few clicks. Free wav2spx converter look at more info: http://www.audio-transcoder.com/how-to-convert-wav-files-to-spx door  indeed convert wav to spx free further